Want the pinup look but not the pinup price tag? Then keep reading for 6 easy steps to getting the pinup look on a budget!
1. Shop your closet. The goal is to achieve an hourglass shape. Look for anything that cinches the waist like belts, full skirts and dresses, fitted sweaters and cardigans, flowy mid-length dresses, pencil skirts and more. Keep an eye out for patterns with prints that were popular in the 50's like polka dots, border prints, sailor themes, cherries, gingham, pastels etc.
2. Classic red lips and red nails. There are plenty of affordable drugstore options to get the signature red lips and nails of the 50's. Stick to reds that go with your skin tone for an ultra flattering look.
3. Hair and accessories. Use the styling tools you already have to create vintage hairstyles and add inexpensive accessories. Headbands, large flowers, bows and even inexpensive bobby pins (to create curls) are all great ways to get the pinup look without spending a fortune. Don't forget hats, gloves and scarves are great inexpensive staples for the pinup girl.
4. Add a beauty spot. You can use what you already have in your makeup kit to add a beauty spot. Beauty spots were very popular during the 50's just look at Marilyn Monroe and Elizabeth Taylor. Use dark brown as black can be too harsh.
5. Shop vintage and secondhand stores. These are great places to find retro pieces on a budget. With a little time and patience, you can score great one of a kind pieces at vintage shops and secondhand stores.
6. Buy an inexpensive petticoat. You can add a petticoat to wear with many different skirts and dresses. A petticoat is a great staple to give your dresses and skirts that feminine look that was so popular in the 50's.
Every week I will bring you a new blog post so be sure to check it out or click the heart below to sign up so you don’t miss a thing!
❤︎ Want to be featured on our blog, click here to submit your articles, recipes, reviews, photos and more for a chance to be featured.
Leave a comment below and let me know what you think!