1. Vintage Clothing Was Made to Last. Unlike the mass-produced garments sold in today’s big box stores, vintage clothing was made to last longer than simply a few wears. Pink Bow City carries vintage inspired items handmade by our designers too!
2. The Thrill of the Hunt: Nothing is more thrilling to vintage and thrift lovers than the hunt itself. Finding a garment that fits perfectly to your body and your unique style is priceless.
3. We Can’t Get Enough of the History! We love the classic feminine look across the 30s, 40s, and 50s, but perhaps even more intriguing is the meaning behind each look, from the style itself right down to the materials used.
4. Vintage and Vintage-Inspired Looks are Eco-Friendly and Oh-So-Chic! Hunting for vintage items means we’re making a choice to give previously used items a new home and Pink Bow City’s designers create handmade items, right here in the USA or Europe - so you can rest assured your clothing was created in an ethical environment.
5. Up-cycling is Fun! We love finding unique one-of-a-kind items and adding our own personal flair! Whether you’re pairing your favorite classic vintage pencil skirt with a more modern tank and cardigan, or wearing a vintage-inspired blouse with a pair of jeans- the possibilities are endless and always hint at a sense of timelessness.
6. Pin-up is Pretty! We love vintage, and to many of us pin-up is a celebration of classic femininity and above all, strength. Pin-up is one of our ABSOLUTE favorite styles throughout history <3
There you have it. Six really good reasons why we love vintage and vintage-inspired looks!
Written by: Cassandra R.
What about you? What do you love about vintage and vintage-inspired designs? Leave us a comment & let us know!